What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This website collects personal data, such as name, email address, personal account preferences; transactional data, such as purchase information; and technical data, such as information about cookies.
We collect name, email and company information for the purchase of tracking users purchases for future support queries, and also business name and location for invoicing after purchases are made.
Contact forms across the site are used to communicate with us. These forms save your data and we use them as historical data if we need to go back to a past online query. These contact forms are sent to our support system https://www.helpscout.com/. All form data is sent to Help Scout in which we reply to all online enquiries and support requests via Help Scout.
No data collected via contact forms is used for marketing material unless you opt into our email newsletters to stay up to date with new product releases.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We use Google Analytics to track users data anonymously. No personal data is saved during this time. This data is used to track the performance of the website and continue to better deliver an online experience.
Who we share your data with
We only pass received data to the below 3rd parties for reasons explained below:
- MailChimp – to build an email list of users that wish to be notified when new products become available, product updates are available or when products are on sale
- Help Scout – to collate our support enquires and online chat
- Google Analytics – to track user visits (no personal data)
- Stripe.com – to process all online product purchases, we collect name, email, purchase date, purchase amount and country
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
- Send you important account/order/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally, we may also collect the following information
- Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
- Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
- If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
Our website uses many WordPress security plugins to help keep your data safe. We also use server SSL and server-side security to block DDOS attacks and unwanted hackings.
You can request a refund by contacting us here. You are entitled to a full refund within 30 days of your original purchase, no questions asked. We do ask that you give a valid reason and or feedback as to why you require a refund to help us better our products.
If you have any concerns about the data we collect please contact us here.